To start my year, here are my gadget wish list. Better yet, these are my gadget goals for this year and why I need them. These are not the latest models but they would serve well for my purpose and help me improve my work. Since I am a start-up freelancer / entrepreneur, I can’t afford the high priced brands. However, even if I can afford them I would still go for cheaper but as durable alternatives.
My Gadget Wish List:
- Wacom Intuos. – First and foremost a Wacom Intuos pen and small touch tablet. I have tried other brands, but for me, nothing can beat a Wacom graphic tablet. Priced at around $100.00.
Why I need it: I’m a graphic artist, though I can do well just by using the mouse, but I could do better with a Wacom. (Read: Advantages of Using A Wacom)
- Huawei P8 Lite – I need a phone with more memory than what I currently have. Aside from it’s 5.0″ screen,what I after for a Huawei P8 Lite is it’s expandable internal memory and AM. Compared to other more expensive brands, the P8 Lite costs only around $200.00.
Huawei also have a quad-core model which costs a little over $100.00. Except for the processor, the rest of the specs are almost the same as the P8.
Why I need it: My old Gionee V4 is still fully functioning as a phone. However, the limited internal memory and RAM prevents me from upgrading some basic apps let alone download new ones. Having expandable memory means, I can download as much apps as I could without buying a new phone for a longer period of time.
- Lenovo Yoga 500 – The Yoga is more than just a laptop. I could easily converted it into a tablet. With its i5-6200U processor, and other features, it costs just a little higher than an ordinary laptop with similar specifications. I could avail it from a local store at around $720.00
Why I need it: I am already using a laptop with i5 processor, but I need more memory and storage processing speed. The Yoga has all of these, and since its convertible, I don’t need to buy a separate tablet.
Goals Not Wishes
Again, this is not just a wish list but goals for this year. Thus I have set target dates when to get these.
- January – Huawei P8 Lite – or most likely the quad core version. I’m going for this first, because with its 5.0″ screen, I can compose my blog posts where I am. With its 13MP camera, I could take photos anytime and upload them to Niume and other sites where I earn from my contents.
- March – Lenovo Yoga– I’m working on at least two web sites right plus I am managing the social media of a local computer store here. The Yoga’s features could help finish my work faster and efficiently. I may need to buy this on installment basis though, but as much as possible I will find a way to buy this in cash.
- June – Wacom Intuos- As I have mentioned, I can still do my graphics using my mouse, that’s why I’m putting this last.
The estimated total costs for these gadgets is a about $1000.00. My next step is to earn that amount by the first four months of this year. Putting it that way, I only need to earn at least $8.00 a day. I might even earn more and earn the amount in less than four months.
Happy New Year!