Looking For The Right WordPress Hosting Site?
Looking for a WordPress Hosting? If you are a start-up blogger or entrepreneur who wants to have a self-hosted WordPress blog or website, maybe one of the most crucial decision to make is choosing the right host. Because there are lots things to consider in choosing the right hosting site. First of all, do you know the things to consider in choosing the right hosting site?
- How will I know if this hosting site is true to what they are claiming?
- How fast would my site be?
- Do they have active support team?
These are just a fraction of the questions that you might ask. Thus, choosing the right site could be a headache.
Paid or Free WordPress Hosting Sites
If you have the budget, I will not hesitate to recommend Hostgator. Hostgator is probably the best web hosting these days. However, if you don’t have the budget yet to pay for the annual fee, you may want to want try it on a free hosting to start with.
However, selecting the right free WordPress Hosting site is not that easy, either. There are a number of things to consider as well. Since the hosting service is free, there will be some limitations on their services and have some unwanted add-on.
What to consider when choosing your Free WordPress Hosting site.
These are the things that you need to consider when choosing for a free hosting site.:
- Disk Space – Disk space could range from 250 to 5GB but , of course, the more the better.
- Monthly Bandwidth allocation – Again, the more, the better.
- Auto Script Installer– Unfortunately, you may need to install WordPress manually on some of these sites.
- Ad-Free – Some of these sites will display their own ads on your site. I recommend to stay away from them.
- Availability of tech support– Although, this is highly unlikely for free services but I believe there are some hosting sites that give technical support even for their free services.
- Server Performance – Most, if not all, of these sites promises 99.9% guaranteed up-time, unfortunately, some of them can’t hold on to that guarantee. The only way to find out is either, you try them yourself
Free WordPress Hosting on Hostinger.PH
While there are a number of good free hosting sites, I settled for Hostinger.ph. This is where this site is currently hosted. The main reason is location. Although, Hostinger is primarily on UK (Hostinger.UK), I could purchase their services using Philippine currency. Aside from that, however, here’s a list of what I got from their free services.
- 2 GB Disk Space
- 100 GB Bandwidth
- Script Autoinstaller
- No Ads
- Website Builder (if choose not to use WordPress or other CMS)
- 2 Free Emails
The Auto-installer made it fairly easy for me to install WordPress. I got it running within a few minutes. If you choose not to use WordPress, however, you could use their own Website builder.
One thing that I love most with Hostinger.Ph is, there are no advertisements on my site except of course the ones that I have added myself.
The 2 GB disk space is more than enough for me at the moment. I have only consumed a little over 100 MB. Since I have just started promoting this site, I have used only a fraction of the 100 GB Bandwidth allocated.
I haven’t tried their tech support yet. Since I’m more of a Do-It-Yourself kind of a person, I tend to solve minor issues on my own. Spideylab (Spideylab.com) however, reports in the post “Hostinger Free Web Hosting” that the response of their tech support was quick!
My Personal Experience With Hostinger.PH
As I have mentioned earlier, setting up WordPress was a breeze because of their Auto-Installer. Loading speed is much faster than the other free WordPress hosting sites that I have tried before. Uptime rate is great, although my Jetpack monitoring sends me a dowtime/uptime report almost every other day. The downtime lasts only a few minutes, though. Which doesn’t really concern me for now. Statuscake monitoring, however, reports 100% uptime since the I started the test three days ago.
If you are looking for a free WordPress Hosting to start your blog or business website, I highly recommend Hostinger.PH (or their International counterpart). Then you could easily upgrade to their Premium plan which only costs PHP 99.00 a month.